Thursday, April 2, 2009

More Pavao family members get bond

Shastine Pavao (daughter) was granted bond in the amount of $31K. She posted it yesterday. Debra Pavao (wife) also posted a $25k bond yesterday. For background on this case, see our blog dated March 26th.

4/4/09 added info: Our volunteer who monitored the case advised that Debra had no idea how many properties she owned. Nor did she have any idea how her "small" children (ages 12 & 15) were being fed. Co-defendant Shastine (age 22) owns approximately 17 properties & she believed all were in foreclosure. Her 15-yr old sister has been collecting rent on two properties (now in foreclosure) from people who were "renting to own." Appalling. That's the only word that is suitable to express our outrage at what these people are doing.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe this. I knew Debbie and her brother George when they were children and I was briefly affiliated with St. Michael's school in Fall River. They were both nice, respectful children and their mother and father, who were from very humble circumstances in Portugal were wonderful people. Her father worked very hard in a foundary and her mother in a factory. Then after work her parents worked to make their three family home and yard beautiful. I think Debby was ashamed of her immigrant roots, though, as a child. I remember an incident when her mother, who spoke broken English, was speaking to me in English and she told her mother to speak Portuguese. I also remember an indicent involving her grandmother who didn't speak English at all. But all in all they were a nice family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of the individuals who wants "rent to owning" one of their houses, that was until I got a letter in the mail from Orange County in reference to a foreclosure hearing. Now I am trying to fight the pending foreclosure because of all the money invested in a house I thought I would own this November. Now I find out the mortgage hasn't been paid for several months. WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH THE MONEY????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're a bunch of thieves and anyone who does buisness with them is going to get burned real bad. It seems that the daughter liked living the high life so much that she was willing to screw honest working people out of their much earned cash. I hope she is left with nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We paid down payment for the house then Shastine and her parents were arrested. I didn't know what to do but waited until they got out the jail. After I talked to her to give me back $5,000.00 deposit, she refused and asked me to contact her lawyer. I can't beleive she still having a good life and don't feel guilty taking my money!! I need a help what I can do to get my deposit back. Lawyer charges a lot.

    ReplyDelete